|The Best Water Based Tire Dressing in 2020|
|TriNova Tire Shine Spray|
|Chemical Guys TVD 107 16 Shine Dressing|
|Aero Cosmetics Tire Dressing|
|Car Guys Tire Shine Spray|
|Adam’s Tire Shine Combo|
It is hard to find a person who doesn’t think about the appearance of his vehicle. Whether it’s a car or a bike, people always love to see it in a polished and shiny condition. And, that’s why they like to spend money to keep their vehicle in a perfect appearance. Since you own a car, we assume you’re no exception to them. You might be spending a lot on washing, waxing, and furnishing your vehicle. But have you ever put your eyes on the tires? The tires are the most tired part of your car as they keep your car running and go through the dirt, dust and face the terrible fraction of the asphalt.
So, your tires get worn and faded away soon once you start to run the car. And, these worn-out, tired old tires can throw off the shiny look of your spotless vehicle.
So what’s the solution? Buying new tires often? Hell no that! It would cost you a lot, and it’s not a good idea at all. Then what to do? Yeah, you got it right. You should look for a cheaper solution that wouldn’t cost you much and keep your tires look like new. Tire dressings are the solution for you. These affordable and effective products can simply restore the look of your tires and turn the old, cracked tires back into the look as they’ve just rolled out of the factory.
As a passionate and concerned car owner, the facts about tire dressings aren’t unknown to you. There are mainly two types of tire dressings. One is solvent-based, and another is water based. Obviously, the second one is cheaper and easy to use. So, you might be wondering to find out the best water based tire dressing. Right?
You might have found it confusing to choose the best product since there are many brands, and each of them is claiming that their one is the best water based tire dressing. It puts you in a fix to choose the right one for you. Whatever, don’t worry. We’ve got your back, and you’re in the right place where you will find the proper guidance to choose the best water based tire dressing.
The Best Water Based Tire Dressing
In this article, I will walk you through the best tire dressings in the market and tailor the list to fit your demand. So, it’s going to be a complete buying guide to choose the best water based tire dressing in 2020.
# TriNova Tire Shine Spray
Think about a tire shine that you don’t need to wipe on your tires. Instead, just spray the shine, and you’re done. Yes! that’s the thing that Tri Nova is offering you. It’s a no wipe product. So you don’t need to bother getting messed up with shiny ink in your hands. This automotive dressing comes in a big 18oz bottle and allows you to get a black, shiny, and slick look of your tires with just spraying on them. However, whether it’s a no wipe product or not, who doesn’t know that wiping is great for shining and polishing, so if you want a way better look, you may have to accept the hassle of a little wipe on your tires.
However, the anti-aging and dirt repellent property of this tire shine gives you a long-lasting shine and slick appearance. Moreover, it not only gives your tires a glossy finish but also guards the tires against other deteriorating signs. So, it can be the best water based tire dressing for you if you want simplicity and ease of use.
|Brand: Tri Nova|
Weight: 1.35 pounds
Bottle size: 18 oz
# Chemical Guys TVD 107 16 Shine Dressing
What if you could find an all in one solution for your tires, mirrors, windshield, and even the seat covers? Yeah, you heard it right, an all in one solution that works on vinyl, rubber, and plastic. This Chemical Guys TVD_107_16 V.R.P. is a versatile dressing that you can use on all different parts of your car. Though we focus mainly on tire dressing, it is usable on dashboards, door panels, bumper trim, windshield cowls, rubber tire sidewalls, grilles, grates, side mirrors, and more. So, you’re your cleaning, and polishing work gets easier than ever this tire dressing.
The water based non-greasy formula allows you to apply it without amess. The shine can easily remove the dirt and grime on the surface and restore the original luster and. The dry to the touch formula ensures it will never look oily or wet, and prevent the dirt from coming back again. Besides, it gives you excellent protection against UV rays and prevents the tires from becoming faded. So, you are going to have a long-lasting shine. And the price is almost half to the others in its category. These make this product one of the best water based tire dressing.
|Brand: Chemical Guys|
Item Weight: 1.19 pounds
# Aero Cosmetics Tire Dressing
If you prefer the old original look of your tires to the extra shiny wet look, then it is hard to look past this tire dressing. This aircraft-grade rubber tire care conditioner gives your tires dirt repelling matte finish instead of a wet glossy finish. This dressing not only gives your tires a nice appearance but also it ensures restoration and long time protection. These properties have made this product one of the best water based tire dressings.
It creates a thin rubber layer on the tire surface and restores the small pores or cracks. Besides, the anti-dirt matt finish prevents the dirt and grime from coming back again for a while. So, you can spend your bucks on it without any hesitation. However, if you prefer a wet glossy look, then this dressing won’t satisfy your demand. So, make sure your preference before deciding to buy.
|Brand: Aero Cosmetics|
Item Weight: 1 pound
# Car Guys Tire Shine Spray
The newly patented polymer sealant additive has made its place in the list of the best water based tire dressing in 2020. Think about what you want from a tire dressing. Easy to use, dry to the touch, refined glossy finish, no slinging, and long-lasting shiny appearance of your tires, right? This dressing ensures you precisely what you want. This tire dressing easily restores the shining dark look of your tires, and the polymer sealant technology creates an excellent bond with the tire surface, so the finish dries out immediately and lasts for a long time.
The strong bond of the coating stays on the surface and avoids any slinging or run-off during high speed. It assures that you won’t see the dressing droplets spread on the side panels after a ride. Besides, it gives your tires extra protection from UV damage and protects the tire from fading or becoming brown due to the UV effect. So, you can keep this name on your buying list on the next weekend.
Item Weight: 1.37 pounds
# Adam’s Tire Shine Combo
Here come another one of the best water based tire dressings. Adam’s Tire Shine is offering you a long and durable glossy look with its incredible silica-infused formula. While you have to wait a whole day to drive your car after applying other tire dressings, this non-greasy sprayable dressing dries to the touch in minutes and allows you to drive your car in a short time after using it. The rapid dried out finish avoid slinging while you drive the car after spraying it properly. It gives your tire a dark and durable glossy sheen and makes your tires looking like new.
Moreover, you’re going to like the smells of this dressing if you think it matters. This water based tire dressing smells like bananas. You might be wondering about how it guarantees the longevity of the sheen. The answer lies in its silicon-based formula. Silicon can create a strong chemical bond easily. When you spray the dressing on the tire, the silica resin creates a colorless hardened layer on the tire surface, and it dries out in a minute. Besides, it gives you a non-greasy finish that ensures the coating will not run away.
|Brand: Adam’s Polishes|
Item Weight: 1.25 pounds
Best Water Based Tire Dressing Guide & FAQ
Here, I’ve tried to figure out the most common questions that arise in the customer’s mind. So, stick to it to learn more to help you choose the best tire dressing for your car.
Why Use Water Based Tire Dressing?
Water based dressings are diluted in water. This type of tired dressings is excellent for shining as these have no adverse effect on the tires. These are easy to apply, and usually, these dressings don’t last too long, so you don’t need to bother removing the shiny coating. Most of the water based tired dressings come with a dry to touch formula, and they don’t need to be left overnight to be dried out. Besides, these tires’ dressings are environment friendly as they don’t contain any harmful substances.
Water based tire dressing is getting popular day by day for their ease of use as it takes a few minutes to clean your tires and makes them shiny.
What Is It Made of?
The answer lies in its name. Water based tire dressings are made of naturally occurring polymers and oil that get dissolved or suspended in water. Water acts as the solvent in these tire dressings. Silicon is used in most of the water based tire dressing to increase the viscosity and longevity of the shine. Some products use additional thickener and stabilizer to prevent the dressing from running off from the tires.
What Are The Different Application Types?
Like other products, tire dressings also come in two forms: the gel-type tire dressings and the spray type tire dressings. Both have different advantages and disadvantages. Let’s have a detailed insight into these.
- Gel Tire Dressing: This type of tire dressing contains gel and is applied through direct hands, meaning you have to use your hands to mix it up and apply it on the tire surface. Gel tire dressings are typically cheaper than the spray type. The major advantage of gel dressing is you have direct control over the amount of dressing applied. However, gel dressings are time-consuming, and they need more time to dry out.
- Spray Tire Dressing: They are usually expensive than gel dressings. But the significant advantage is they are easy to use and take less time to apply. Spray tire dressings dry out fast and prevent slinging on the side panels of the tires. Since they are expensive than gel dressings, they would give a better result indeed. Spray tire dressings give a better sheen, and the glossy look lasts longer than gel dressings.
What Factors Should I Consider When Buying?
Choosing the best water based tire dressing can be confusing, as many brands are offering several benefits. However, you should consider the following factors while buying the best water based tire dressings for your beloved vehicle:
- Ease of Application: You won’t call a car mechanic to apply the tire shine. You will be doing it on your own. So, the first thing to consider is the ease of application. As we’ve discussed before, there are two types of tire dressing, and you should choose the spray type if you want an easy and fast application.
- Good UV Protection: Though the primary use of tire dressing is to restore the dark glossy look of the tires, there is a significant secondary benefit. They can act as a shield against the UV rays and protect your tires and sensitive car parts from fading and UV damages. Since all the tire dressings don’t offer you this benefit, you should consider that one that ensures good UV protection, especially if you live in a sunny area.
- Shiny Finish: This is the sole purpose of a tire dressing. However, many tire dressings offer you a wider range of shine. The level of shine depends on your preference and how much the dressing is applied. So, you should look for that dressing which gives a shiny finish with a lower amount of application.
- Restoration: Many people want more than just a polished finish, and the glossy sheen doesn’t matter much to them. Instead, they want to restore the original look and prevent dirt and grime. If you are one of those people, you should look for a tire dressing that gives a matte finish.
Benefits of Tire Dressing
- They shine your tires: This is what for which you want to use a tire dressing. The main benefit of tire dressing is they shine the tires and take back your tires to the fresh look as they have just rolled out of the factory. If you’re concerned about the appearance of your vehicle, tire dressings are the best solution for you to keep your tire shiny and glossy.
- They keep your tire clean: Most of the tire dressings can prevent dirt and grime apart from shining the tires. So, you don’t have to clean your tires daily if you use a tire dressing.
- They protect your tires: Tires are made of rubber, and the excessive UV rays from sunlight can damage the rubber compounds, meaning UV rays can damage your tires. Most of the tire dressings can guard your tires against UV rays, and thus they protect your tires from potential damage and fading.
How To Apply Tire Dressing
Though different products have different application procedures, the basic thing is almost same for all. Have a look at this video to learn the basic things that you should follow to apply tire dressing.
You’ve caught up with everything. Now it’s time to wrap up. We’ve tried to provide you with detailed insight into the best water based tire dressings in the market and the frequently asked questions that prompt in people’s minds. We hope that you’ll find this helpful and be able to choose the best tires dressing for your vehicle.